When The Going Gets Tough, We Won’t Back Down
- Juvenile Law
- Real Estate
- Complex Title Property Issues
L. J. (Jack) Overman has an extensive history of representing clients for almost 30 years in complex litigation matters. Known as one of the bowtie lawyers, Jack Overman has experience in and is available to assist you in various legal specialties for criminal and civil litigation, including an extensive practice in resolving title issues in real estate litigation and quiet title actions. Jack's primary areas of expertise are probate matters, including wills and estates, civil litigation and administrative matters, with specialties in representing entities in the aviation industry. In doing so, he has been recognized as the attorney to go to for issues to resolve probate, real estate, federal administrative matters, especially in the Federal Aviation Administration System. Other attorneys consistently make referrals to our office for these matters as well.
Jack has represented individuals, business entities and business owners in various forms of legal disputes in probate, juvenile, state, superior and federal court. He has also argued in federal and state courts and has repeatedly negotiated, litigated and resolved disputes in the state of Georgia, as well as federal issues throughout the United States.
Jack gained priceless knowledge and experience while working for the Federal Aviation Administration, in Atlanta and Washington Headquarters. He was instrumental in the National Airspace Review, and worked in the Airspace and Air Traffic Rules Division in promulgation regulatory reform within the aviation system. His experience in this area has created the expertise that is in demand in the aviation industry, concerning pilot violations and airspace use by business entities and individuals. He is also appointed as special assistant attorney general for the state of Georgia. This has created the groundwork for an overall successful legal career, in specialized areas of the law which most attorneys do not possess. Jack, Jonathan, Emily and Antonio have shared this dream, and after years of handling many different legal matters, they now pursue their goals to provide strong ethical representation and advocate with an extremely competitive nature, traits that truly flourish in the legal setting.
Jack is from Stantonsburg, North Carolina, and received his Bachelor of Science from North Carolina State University. He graduated from Emory University Law School and became a member of the State Bar of Georgia in 1990 and The Florida Bar in 1998.
- All courts of law and equity in the state of Georgia, (except the Supreme Court of Georgia)
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- Major: Biological Science
- Major: Applied Mathematics
- Georgia, 1990
- Florida, 1998
Classes & Seminars
- Child Welfare, Ga CLE, 1990 to Present
- Special Assistant Attorney General, Ga Dept. of Law, 2004 to Present
- FAA/DOT, Operations Supervisor, 1974 to 2005
- Federal Aviation Administration, in Atlanta and Washington Headquarters
- Airspace and Air Traffic Rules Division in promulgation regulatory reform within the aviation system
- State of Georgia, Special Assistant Attorney General
- State Bar of Georgia, Member
- Florida Bar, Member
- Numerous Special Achievement Awards and Letters of Commendation (Assigned to FAA Administrative Office), 1980 - 2004